59th Design Automation Conference Names Executive Committee for the 2022 Conference and Exhibition
Rob Oshana, Vice President, Software Engineering, R&D, NXP Edge Processing
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#AI–The Design Automation Conference (DAC), the only event devoted to electronic design and design automation of electronic circuits and systems, has named Rob Oshana, Vice President, Software Engineering, R&D, NXP Edge Processing, as the 59th DAC General Chair. Joerg Henkel of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology will join Rob as Vice Chair for the 2022 conference. Under their leadership, the DAC Executive Committee (EC) will oversee the exhibition and trade show, plan the technical program, establish new initiatives, and manage conference operations and publicity. A diverse group of volunteers has been selected from across the semiconductor, design, research, embedded systems, intellectual property, and electronic design automation (EDA) industries to join the 2022 EC.
The 59th DAC will be held at Moscone West Center in San Francisco, CA, from July 11–15, 2022. DAC will co-locate with SEMICON West 2022 which will be held July 12–15 at Moscone North and South Halls.
“DAC is the premier event for the design and design automation of electronic systems. It’s the only event that brings together the entire ecosystem of designers, academics, researchers, government, and the vendor community,” Rob said. “Over the years DAC, has evolved its core automation focus to include both design and automation, such as the design of embedded systems, machine learning/AI architectures, 5G, security, autonomous systems, and cloud computing. Joerg and I look forward to working with the talented group of volunteers to plan and execute the 59th DAC.”
Joining Rob on the 59th DAC Executive Committee will be:
- Vice-Chair – Joerg Henkel, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Finance Chair – Patrick Groeneveld, Stanford University
- Conference Program Chair – Vivek De, Intel Corp.
- Technical Program Co-Chair – Hai “Helen” Li, Duke University, North Carolina
- Technical Program Co-Chair – Renu Mehra, Synopsys Inc.
- Panel Chair – David Pan, University Texas, Austin
- Special Sessions Chair – Anand Raghunathan, Purdue University
- Tutorials/Workshops Chair – Chia-Lin Yang, National Taiwan University
- Designer Track/IP Chair – Ambar Sarkar, Nvidia Corp.
- Design Track Co-Chair – Natarajan Viswanathan, Cadence Design Systems
- Designer Track Co-Chair – Monica Farkash, AMD
- IP Track Co-Chair – Chris Shore, Arm
- Embedded Track Chair – Mark Kraeling, GE Transportation
- Cloud Focus Chair – Sashi Obilistty, Google
- AI Focus Chair – Venkat Thanvantri, Cadence Design System
- Special Programs Chair – Tom Fitzgerald, Siemens EDA
- Industry/Exhibition Chair – Rob van Blommestein, Siemens EDA
- Publicity/Marketing Chair – Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Global
- Asia Outreach Chair – Shouyi Yin, Tsinghua University
- Past Chair – Harry Foster, Siemens EDA
- ACM SIGDA Representative – Yiran Chen, Duke University
- IEEE/CEDA Representative – L. Miguel Silveira, Technica University Lisbon
- Event Director – Francesca Malin, SmithBucklin
- Education Director – Alexis Bauer Kolak, SmithBucklin
- Exhibit Manager – Pete Erickson, Hall-Erickson
In addition to his role as 59th DAC General Chair, Rob serves as Vice President of Software Engineering R&D for the Edge Processing business line at NXP. He is responsible for software enablement, IoT connectivity, software middleware and security, operating systems, machine learning, software services and advanced technologies. Rob serves on multiple industry advisory boards and has published over 200 articles, presentations, and keynotes. He is recognized as an international speaker on embedded software, software quality, and software engineering. He has co-written several books including Multicore Software Development and Software Engineering for Embedded Systems and is an adjunct faculty member at Southern Methodist University and University of Texas.
Rob has been recognized throughout his career with the following awards: IEEE Professional Software Engineering Master Certification, Prolific Author, Distinguished Author & Master Author Awards, Computer Society Certificate of Appreciation for serving as chairman of IEEE P1149.7 working group, IEEE Certified Software Development Professional, Professional Software Engineering Master Certification, SMU Emerging Leader Award, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Voted Outstanding Executive Faculty in Software Engineering Program at SMU, Senior Member of IEEE, Achievement Award for Embedded Systems Conference leadership, Certified Functional Safety Engineer (TUV). He holds a BSEE from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, an MBA from University of Dallas, an MSEE from University of Texas, Arlington, and an MSCS from Southern Methodist University.
Call for Contributions for the 59th DAC will open October 1, 2021. Please check back to DAC.com for details.
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is recognized as the premier event for the design of electronic circuits and systems, and for electronic design automation (EDA) and silicon solutions. A diverse worldwide community representing more than 1,000 organizations attends each year, represented by system designers and architects, logic and circuit designers, validation engineers, CAD managers, senior managers and executives to researchers and academicians from leading universities. Close to 100 technical sessions selected by a committee of electronic design experts offer information on recent developments and trends, management practices and new products, methodologies and technologies. A highlight of DAC is its exhibition and suite area with approximately 175 of the leading and emerging EDA, intellectual property (IP) Design Infrastructure and electronic design ecosystem providers. The conference is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and is supported by ACM’s Special Interest Group on Design Automation (ACM SIGDA).
Design Automation Conference acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products and services.
For more information:
Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Global
59th DAC Publicity and Marketing Chair
Press@dac.com or call 1-503-702-4732