BIOMEDevice Boston Reveals 2021 Center Stage Content
● The in-person experience will feature newsworthy keynotes, sessions, and panels from MEDX Ventures Group, Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, Vanguard Health, and E25Bio.
● To attend the free event, visit here.
SANTA MONICA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–BIOMEDevice Boston, the east coast’s premier event that showcases emerging technologies and trends from cutting-edge engineers, innovative thinkers, and business leaders who impact the progression of the world’s biomedical field, today revealed a world-class roster of Center Stage speakers confirmed for the in-person event, set for September 21-22 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. All education made available at Center Stage is free to attend and is designed to explore the next generation of surgical robotics, the integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning with home care, wearable sensors, and much more. Press interested in attending the event free of charge can secure press credentials here.
“Center Stage is a staple for the BIOMEDevice Boston community, providing topical and in-depth education from the industry’s leading experts. We are so excited to bring back fan-favorite speakers such as MEDX Venture Group’s Harel Gadot and welcome new experts to the stage—peer-to-peer education is of utmost importance for our industry right now; we are thrilled to announce the event’s most robust speaker agenda to date,” remarked Hayley Haggarty, Group Event Director, BIOMEDevice Boston.
In addition to providing the more than 2000 attendees that are registered to date access to must-attend educational content, BIOMEDevice Boston features an expansive expo floor comprised of more than 200 industry-leading suppliers that are leveraging the event to network and strike new deals, including industry leaders Accumold, Cirtronics, Boston Micro Fabrication, FUTEK, and Secant Group. Among notable attendees includes Boston Scientific, Medtronic, J&J, among others.
A selection of 2021 Center Stage sessions includes:
Tuesday, September 21
Point-Of-Care & Consumer Diagnostics: The Rise of New Market Forces
As COVID-19 cases emerged and quickly spread throughout the US and beyond, demand grew for faster testing in higher volumes. To meet this demand with laboratory-based testing alone was a struggle given the resource-intensive testing techniques (i.e., RT-PCR, etc.) and slow turnaround times. In response, diagnostic manufacturers turned to quicker, cheaper, and new testing technologies. Hear from a leading industry expert about the current state and the future of rapid diagnostic testing, specifically focusing on where there is a need and how to advance a new product through the commercialization process. Topics include:
- Where investors see gaps in the market for new product development
- Biggest challenges with new product introduction in the diagnostics market
- Ways POC and consumer products can be brought to market
- Sources of funding for new products
Speaker: Bobby Brooke Herrera, Co-Founder & Chief Scientific Officer, E25Bio
How AI & ML Are Advancing Hospital at Home | Day 1 Keynote
Artificial Intelligence is helping to pioneer an entirely new category of medicine, one that gives clinicians the tools to provide highly sophisticated personalized health analytics that predicts clinical exacerbation in advance of a critical event. Join industry innovators to help understand how an AI-powered platform is empowering digital therapeutics for better patient outcomes. Topics include:
- How physicians and clinical staff are treating patients with acute needs at home through new digital health tools
- How AI and ML technology is being utilized in a web and app-based that allows for better remote monitoring, communication, and inventory management
- Integrating digital tools into clinical practice to expand the hospital at home model
Speaker: Carolyn Yang, MD, Attending Physician, Hospital at Home Program, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Surgical Suite & Cardiac Device Big Data: How Continuous Monitoring, Telemedicine, and Data are Transforming Care
The payment reforms that occurred during COVID-19, including telemedicine and the hospital-at-home, along with the FDA, created clear regulatory pathways for artificial intelligence algorithms and digital therapeutics. We have seen the explosion of data from the surgical suite, implantable devices, sensors, and apps. This panel will explore the most recent changes and make predictions for the next 2-5 years. Join top digital health experts and physicians as they discuss:
- How data collected from the surgical suite and cardiac devices is transforming care
- How the data is already being used, as well as what needs to happen for the data to be more effectively used
- How hospitals are working with medical device manufacturers, particularly startups, to change how care is delivered
Moderator: Jennifer Joe, MD, CEO & Founder, Vanguard Health
- Ib Badejo, Sr. Director, New Ventures (Med Devices), Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center
- Ami Bhatt, MD, Director of Outpatient Cardiology and TeleCardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Gabriel Brat, MD, Assistant Professor in Surgery and Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School
Wednesday, September 22
Democratization Through Access: Next Generation Medical Robotics | Day 2 Keynote
Robotic surgeries have grown drastically in recent years, so why are usability and adoption still lagging? Adoption in developed markets is minimal, while the need continues to grow, especially when compared to the overall market opportunity. The market is still heavily focused on capital equipment and the physician’s expertise. There is a new way to approach the robotic surgery space, from fully disposable systems to autonomous robots designed to leverage hardware, software, and imaging to improve access and adoption. You’ll hear from industry veteran and expert Harel Gadot about products on the market that are changing the game. And he’ll talk about his vision for the surgical robotic industry and the strategies he’s deployed to make this a reality. Topics include:
- Empowering all healthcare providers, not just physicians
- Eliminating the capital equipment barrier
- Shifting from robotic-assisted surgery to robotic advised surgery and ultimately autonomous surgery
- Moving from a robotic product to a robotic procedure
Speaker: Harel Gadot, Company Group Chairman, MEDX Ventures Group
Innovations in Chronic Disease Management: How Wearable Sensors and Digital Therapeutics are Driving Change in Hypertension
Wearable sensors and digital therapeutics are changing chronic disease management in cardiovascular disease, diabetes and metabolic health, and pain management. Hypertension is the next major chronic disease to see huge innovations coming to market that will change how the disease is managed forever. New sensor technologies, advanced digital therapeutics, remote care delivery, and other innovations are seeing accelerated market adoption, but we’re still in the early days. Hear a panel of experts discuss:
- The latest trends and innovations in hypertension management using sensors and wearables as warning signs for chronic disease
- Case examples demonstrating the most recent advances in devices and sensors driving better patient outcomes
- Understanding what data is important to clinicians
- Integrating digital therapeutics into clinical practice and workflow through patient and provider acceptance and engagement
- Dr. Steven LeBoeuf, Co-Founder & President, Valencell
- Rebecca Grochow Mishuris, MD, MS, MPH, Chief Medical Information Officer, Boston Medical Center Health System
- Bill Betten, Director, Solutions, S3 Connected Health
Stay connected across the BIOMEDevice Boston event #BIOMEDevice:
About Informa Markets – Engineering:
Informa Markets’ Engineering portfolio is the leading B2B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world’s $3-trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the engineering market and leverage our proprietary 1.3-million-name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Engineering portfolio is organized by Informa, the world’s leading exhibitions organizer that brings a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Engineering, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
PR & Communications Director