Demy-Colton Announces BioFuture™ Speaker Lineup and Panel Sessions on October 5-6 at Cure by Deerfield in New York City
- Over 50 confirmed speakers from leading investors, biotech to digital health companies
- Range of panel topics from regenerative medicine, robotics, brain health, psychedelics, next-generation digital therapeutics to artificial intelligence and VR
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#BioFuture2021—Demy-Colton, a leader in connecting life science and digital health executives, announced today the speaker list and updated panel sessions for BioFuture, a conference convening future-focused healthcare thinkers, top investors, stakeholders and cutting-edge companies to “Reimagine the Future of Healthcare.” BioFuture will be held in New York City on October 5-6, 2021, at Cure, Deerfield’s vertical healthcare-dedicated innovation campus, with a virtual attendance option.
The opening plenary, “Rethinking Healthcare in a Post-Pandemic World,” features moderator Sara Jane Demy, Founder & CEO, Demy-Colton, with esteemed panelists Ralph Snyderman and James E. Flynn, Managing Partner, Deerfield Management.
The event will also feature Rick Bright, PhD, Senior Vice President, Pandemic Prevention & Response, Health Initiative, The Rockefeller Foundation, as he discusses Global Health and Preparing for the Next Pandemic.
On day two of the conference, Adam Gazzaley, MD, PhD, David Dolby Distinguished Professor of Neurology, Physiology & Psychiatry, UC San Francisco, will discuss: “Psychedelics and Virtual Reality: Entering a New era of Experiential Medicine.”
Panels and Dialogues include:
- Rethinking Healthcare in a Post-Pandemic World
- The Pursuit of Healthiness: Democratizing Access in a Changed World
- The Future of Regenerative Medicine is Personalized
- New Therapies for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Next Gen Oncology Therapeutics that will Change the Cancer Landscape
- Investing in Health & Happiness
- Devices & Robotics
- Manufacturing: Is it Realistic to Think that We can Reduce its Cost?
- Psychedelic Therapies: Improving Mental Health for Patients with Digital Technologies
- Open Mic: Humans vs Machines Round 2
- Venture Capital Trends in Digital Health
- Next Wave Diagnostics: AI and Health Innovations Accelerate Dx
- The New Wave of Disease-Modifying Digital Therapeutics
- Synthetic Biology is the Future of Healthcare
- From Rags to Riches: Will the Trend of Fantastical A-rounds, Oversized IPOs and SPAC Utilization continue in 2022?
With over 50 speakers confirmed including:
- Jeremy Abbate, Vice President & Publisher, Scientific American
- Beth Rogozinski, CEO & Founder, Oncoustics AI
- Phyllis Barkman Ferrell, Global Head of External Engagement for Alzheimer’s disease and Neurodegeneration, Eli Lilly & Company
- Walter Greenleaf, PhD, Distinguished Visiting Scholar, Stanford University’s MediaX Program
- Kimberly Ha, CEO & Founder, KKH Advisors
- Leroy Hood, MD, PhD, SVP and Chief Science Officer, Providence; Chief Strategy Officer, Co-Founder & Professor, Institute for Systems Biology (ISB)
- Chihiro Hosoya, Head of Venture Management & Business Development, Astellas Rx+Business Accelerator
- Christina Jenkins, MD, Venture Partner, Phoenix Venture Partners (PVP)
- Nina Kjellson, General Partner, Canaan Partners
- Eddie Martucci, PhD, CEO, Akili Interactive Labs
- Jennifer Miller, PhD, Assistant Professor, Yale University School of Medicine & Bioethics International
- Tim Opler, PhD, Partner & Co-Founder, Torreya
- Art Pappas, Managing Partner, Pappas Capital
- Melinda Decker, CCO, Mymee
- Jonathan Sackier, MD, Board of Directors, AiM Medical Robotics
- Robert J. Schneider, PhD, Albert Sabin Professor of Molecular Pathogenesis, NYU School of Medicine
- Dennis Purcell, Founder, Aisling Capital
- Samantha Surrey, Partner, Surrey Capital Partners
- Jacob Becraft, Co-Founder & CEO, Strand Therapeutics
“We’re excited to announce this impressive lineup of speakers, and panel sessions ranging from psychedelics, robotics, next-generation oncology therapies, to latest trends in VC financing,” said Sara Jane Demy, CEO & Founder, Demy-Colton. “New York City is an emerging market for life sciences and digital health, with an ecosystem that fosters innovation. Join us at BioFuture to participate in discussions and network with new companies and learn how biopharma and tech influencers will shape the future of healthcare.”
For more information about BioFuture, please visit www.biofuture.com.
Get an exclusive preview of the game-changing discussions that will take place at BioFuture, and download our speaker insights brochure here.
For sponsorship information, please contact Lila Taylor at email@example.com.
Demy-Colton is a leading life sciences and digital health events organization, at the forefront of building networks between innovative life sciences companies and industry stakeholders. Its unique events facilitate networking on a global scale, including Biotech Showcase™, BioFuture™, Biotech CEO Summit Europe™, and Biotech CEO Summit Napa™, Demy-Colton Virtual Salons, and CEO Virtual Dialogues. These events build networking communities that transcend geographical boundaries and establish ongoing, high-value relationships among the industry’s top decision makers, investors, and thought leaders, where investment, learning, and thoughtful conversations thrive. For more information, visit www.demy-colton.com.