Gurucul Offers Free Services to Fight COVID-19 Cyber Attacks Targeting Remote Workers and Third Parties
Pre-Built Analytics Detect Unusual Behavior Patterns Associated with Employee Accounts and Third Party Risk
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#AI—Gurucul, a leader in unified security and risk analytics technology for on-premises and the cloud, today announced two free services to help organizations protect themselves against COVID-19 cyber attacks that target their remote workers as well as third party service providers and contractors. These offerings deliver the Gurucul Unified Security and Risk Analytics platform as a cloud service with pre-configured and tuned algorithms that can detect unusual and high risk behavior patterns exhibited by remote worker as well as third party identities and devices.
In addition, Gurucul has paused all product license metering globally until State work-at-home mandates are lifted to support existing customers that want to extend monitoring to remote employees and mitigate third party risk associated with service providers, contractors and partners.
“COVID-19 has forced organizations to implement work from home policies virtually overnight, leaving them no time to change and deploy new controls for securing data accessed by remote workers and to protect against third party risk. This has created many new security challenges including a massive attack surface of personal use devices that have access to confidential corporate resources,” said Saryu Nayyar, CEO of Gurucul. “Using our free cloud-delivered security analytics services, organizations can instantly protect their most sensitive data from threats that attempt to exploit employee and third-party service provider identities and devices.”
The company has assembled a dedicated “Gurucul COVID-19 Threat Research Lab” or “GC-Lab” composed of analysts and data scientists who are researching COVID-19 cyber risk threat patterns in collaboration with a customer consortium. GC-Lab has built a solution package specifically to address COVID-19 threats to remote workforces and third party risk, which includes a dedicated dashboard and supervised models trained on the changes in behavior patterns seen over the past several weeks.
The Gurucul COVID-19 analytics package also provides unsupervised models pre-configured to use feature datasets for several relevant data sources such as VPN, Email Gateways, DLP, AWS CloudTrail and online document repositories for services like Office 365 SharePoint, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box.com, GitHub, Proxy and privileged access management (PAM). It enables organizations to implement advanced COVID-19 threat detection controls immediately and is available to all existing customers and packaged in the remote workforce monitoring solutions for employee and third party providers.
These Gurucul cloud-delivered services provide the following benefits at no cost until State work-at-home mandates are lifted:
- Real-time visibility and actionable insights into remote workforce and third party activity affecting protected data
- Identify users who are at risk from phishing attacks, and/or accessing resources from untrusted or insecure locations
- Detect and stop data exfiltration
- Discover and prevent privileged access abuse
- Identify users whose accounts may have been compromised
- Detect and prevent account sharing
How It Works
- Sign up for the free Data Security for Remote Workforce service at https://gurucul.com/securing-data-with-a-remote-workforce
- Sign up for the free Data Security for Third Parties service at https://gurucul.com/gurucul-remote-third-party-workforce-service
- Receive a fully provisioned SaaS instance of Gurucul Unified Security and Risk Analytics
- Login and upload relevant data in a few easy steps
- Access the Gurucul Risk Analytics dashboard
- View a prioritized list of risky users and devices
- Receive real-time prioritized alerts of risky users and devices
- Investigate and mitigate risks in real-time from remote locations
- Get free access to Gurucul Labs 24×7
Gurucul is a global cyber security and fraud analytics company that is changing the way organizations protect their most valuable assets, data and information from insider and external threats both on-premises and in the cloud. Gurucul’s real-time Unified Security and Risk Analytics Platform combines machine learning behavior profiling with predictive risk-scoring algorithms to predict, prevent and detect breaches. Gurucul technology is used by Global 1000 companies and government agencies to fight cyber fraud, IP theft, insider threat and account compromise as well as for log aggregation, compliance and risk based security orchestration and automation. The company is based in Los Angeles. To learn more, visit https://gurucul.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Marc Gendron PR for Gurucul