Snowflake Announces Second-Annual Data Drivers Award Winners to Honor Leaders Disrupting Their Industries With Data
Winners CISCO, Rakuten, DoorDash, Uniper and more are changing the world with data-driven decision making
SAN MATEO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#DataCloud—Snowflake, the cloud data platform, today announced the winners of the second-annual Data Drivers customers awards, including data leaders from organizations like CISCO, Pizza Hut, and Comcast. Snowflake’s annual Data Drivers Award winners represent the individuals and organizations using data-driven strategies to innovate, expand business value, and deliver enhanced customer experiences.
“This year’s award recipients represent a wide range of organizations and individuals that are leveraging the expansive value of the Data Cloud by deploying Snowflake’s cloud data platform to advance their businesses,” Snowflake Chief Marketing Officer, Denise Persson, said. “It is exciting to hear all of the ways in which Snowflake customers are forging the future of data, alongside Snowflake.”
The 2020 Data Driver of the Year award winner is CISCO. This top award category honors an organization that epitomizes what it means to be data-driven and demonstrates how a well-impacted cloud data analytics strategy can enable accelerated delivery of business capabilities, and transform numerous facets of the business.
In the Business Awards tier:
- Rakuten came out on top among the Data Sharing Leaders. This award highlights a business that is revolutionizing data as a strategic business asset, transforming its business through easily and securely sharing live, governed data with customers and business partners.
- Observe Inc. built the most innovative data-driven application on Snowflake and was recognized in our new category, Data Application of the Year.
- Uniper was recognized as a Machine Learning Master, an organization that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to reveal data-driven insights to give its business a competitive edge.
- DoorDash, with their Project DASH initiative and other social impact projects, took the prize in the Data for Good category. This award spotlights an organization that employs enhanced data analytics to help save, extend, and improve lives or the environment, globally.
In the Data Drivers Individual and Team Awards tiers:
- Vikas Jain, Chief Digital Officer at PACCAR earned the Data Executive of the Year award. This award goes to a strategic leader who is pioneering cloud data analytics within his or her organization and breaking new ground in his or her industry.
- Faisal Kp, Sr. Manager Enterprise Data Services at Pizza Hut garnered the Data Pioneer of the Year award. This award honors a technology leader championing and driving the implementation of his or her company’s modern data analytics program.
- Amish Amin, Director of Cyber Security at Comcast received the Data Science Manager of the Year award. This award goes to a technology trailblazer who has implemented a world-class data science program within his or her organization.
- McKesson’s Data & Analytics team, led by Jimmy Hurf captured the Best Data Team award. This award recognizes an outstanding business intelligence or data science team driving the success of its data-driven enterprise by unifying enterprise data and empowering analytics users.
Register for the Snowflake Data Drivers webinar on September 29 which will feature award winners CISCO, DoorDash, Pizza Hut, and more discussing the role of data in their business and how they leverage Snowflake for data-driven decision-making.
Snowflake shatters barriers that prevent organizations from unleashing the true value from their data. Thousands of customers around the world mobilize their data in ways previously unimaginable with Snowflake’s cloud data platform — a solution for data warehousing, data lakes, data engineering, data science, data application development, and data exchange. Snowflake provides the near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance our customers in a variety of industries want, while delivering a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Our cloud data platform is also the engine that drives the Data Cloud — the global ecosystem where thousands of organizations have seamless and governed access to explore, share, and unlock the potential of data. Learn how you can mobilize your data at Snowflake.com.
Sr. PR Manager