SPROCKIT Surpasses $2 Billion USD Milestone
2020 startup acquisitions by TransUnion and Rapid7 headline a banner year for SPROCKIT and its media and entertainment portfolio
WASHINGTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SPROCKIT, the Global Innovation Marketplace, connecting the world’s top market-proven startups and Fortune 500 companies in media, entertainment and technology, today announced its startup community has collectively raised more than $2 billion USD in funding, including $1 billion after joining SPROCKIT. The news comes as SPROCKIT enters a robust fourth quarter recruiting for its 2021 cohort, participating at NAB Show New York and the ACA 2020 Fall Angel Forum, hosting SPROCKIT Sync and leading weekly expert panel discussions.
“SPROCKIT is enormously proud of the accomplishments of our startup cohorts and our corporate partners’ involvement in their successes,” said Harry M. Glazer, founder and CEO, SPROCKIT. “It took five years to hit the $1 billion USD benchmark and only 18 months to double it.”
Notable acquisitions and fundraises in the last year include:
- Credit bureau titan TransUnion acquired Tru Optik to bolster their cookieless data capabilities and help companies with identity-based marketing, targeting and measurement.
- Security solutions company Rapid7 acquired DivvyCloud for $145 million USD in cash and stock to become more fully ingrained in the cloud.
- Video streaming solution company Haivision acquired Teltoo to optimize complete edge-to-edge low latency video workflows.
- Market research and big data analysis startup PlumResearch raised 10 million PLN from Montis Capital and Weston Investment Management to expand to new markets.
- Computational storage startup NGD Systems raised $20 million USD in Series C funding from MIG Capital, Western Digital Capital Global, Ltd and existing investors, including Orange Digital Ventures, Partech, BGV and Plug-N-Play to support and accelerate the production and deployment of its products.
- Resonance AI, formally Transform, raised $2.28 million USD to fuel growth of its video analysis platform which uses artificial intelligence to measure dialogue, music, mood, lighting, pacing, movement and more.
“SPROCKIT put us in the inner circle of industry decision-makers for partnership, investments and acquisitions,” said Brian Johnson, founder and CEO, DivvyCloud. “As a result of SPROCKIT, FOX and now Disney are great customers, among others validating our solutions, which lead to the Rapid7 acquisition. From day one, SPROCKIT recognized DivvyCloud’s value to the industry.”
SPROCKIT closes out a busy 2020 on a high note:
- SPROCKIT will be featured at NAB Show NY 2020 being held October 19-29, producing and hosting a digital transformation roundtable on October 20 with startups Advocado, Overcast HQ, Resonance AI and Wildmoka. Those interested in attending can access complimentary tickets using code EP01 at nabshowny.com.
- SPROCKIT’s next “Ask the Expert” community discussion on October 27 will focus on the election’s impact on the media. It will feature NBC News and MSNBC national security analyst Jeremy Bash along with SPROCKIT members Megaphone TV, Countable and Vydeo. Register to attend at https://bit.ly/SPROCKIT1027.
- As part of SPROCKIT’s partnership with Angel Capital Association, Glazer will introduce SPROCKIT companies during the ACA Fall Angel Forum on October 27-28. 2020 ACA Summit Assure Award winner OMNI Arsenal, along with JUMP.tv and Podcast Village are among companies that will be highlighted as best tech investments during the Innovation Showcase for Diverse Founders.
- SPROCKIT will host its quarterly exclusive invitation-only virtual SPROCKIT Sync meeting on October 29, convening the top Fortune 500 media and entertainment executives, industry thought leaders and startups from around the globe. Participants will discuss key industry topics and ways to work together to bring new products and services to market through partnerships, investments and acquisitions. To find out more, please email email@example.com.
SPROCKIT is actively curating its 2021 cohort, identifying and vetting market-proven startups. New startups will join a highly selective class which includes: iDenTV, Living PopUps, MyBundleTV, Omnistream, Podcast Village, SafeGuard Privacy, Veep.io and Videomine.
SPROCKIT remains committed to building its diverse and inclusive cohorts, recently announcing a “diversity credit” for underrepresented founders, including women, minorities, LGBTQ+ and more. Interested parties should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the SPROCKIT startup program.
SPROCKIT is the Global Innovation Marketplace that curates, connects and fosters collaboration among leading media, entertainment and technology companies and the world’s top market-proven startups to bring innovative products, services and revenue models to market through partnerships, investments and acquisitions. Since its launch in 2013, more than 175 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, raising more than $2 billion USD and resulting in hundreds of partnerships and 25 acquisitions. For more information, visit www.sprockit.com.