ThoughtSpot 6.2 Launches to Empower Enterprises to Connect, Share, and Utilize Insights Faster Than Ever
New features include DataFlow, Embrace for SAP and Teradata, and improvements in user experience, data exploration, and data loading
SUNNYVALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–In the midst of distributed workforces, cross-team collaboration and the need for instant access to insights for an array of business planning purposes has never been more critical. ThoughtSpot’s search and AI-driven analytics platform was designed to unlock valuable insights for employees at every level of an organization, from frontline employee to C-suite executive. Today, the company is announcing ThoughtSpot 6.2, which includes new exploration, collaboration and visualization capabilities, to help organizations unlock unprecedented value from their data in record time.
Organizations can connect their data, share and collaborate on analysis, and take action on insights faster than ever before with ThoughtSpot 6.2. With new features like DataFlow, Embrace for SAP and Teradata, and the ThoughtSpot bulkloader API, enterprises have more flexibility and choice on how they leverage their data for search and AI-driven analytics, wherever that data originates. Users can also now share a particular visualization with a colleague so that they can work off of the same view within one pinboard through Individual Chart Sharing. With the same ease of use as Google Docs, users can share and request edit access for a specific visualization, rather than an entire report or dashboard, making it easy to work together on specific and relevant data sets. With a new Subscribe Assistant feature, creators can also now subscribe users to specific headlines within a pinboard, making it even easier to get the appropriate data and KPIs in front of the people who need them.
“At ThoughtSpot, we know that data is only as valuable as the insights it produces, and it’s our mission to make it as quick and easy as possible to get access to the right insights that allow our customers to make the most informed decisions. Now, more than ever, time is of the essence for businesses, who need intelligence infused with every decision they make,” said Ajeet Singh, Cofounder & Executive Chairman, ThoughtSpot. “The combination of features we’re launching in ThoughtSpot 6.2 is a huge step forward in helping our customers collaborate, share insights, and most importantly, take action, faster than ever before.”
“In our work with customers, it’s clear they need to be making smarter decisions at every level of their organization as they navigate the new business environment,” said Vishal Kasera, Director of Product, ThoughtSpot. “ThoughtSpot 6.2 makes this possible by enhancing the experience for everyone involved in the data to decision pipeline, from administrator to analyst to business user.”
ThoughtSpot 6.2 Features Include:
- Answer Explorer 2.0: New exploration capabilities in Answer Explorer 2.0 leverages AI to guide users to unasked questions and new insights for which they would not have thought to look, automatically curating suggestions, recommended additional searches, and unexpected anomalies or trends insights directly in a pinboards, charts, and answers. Built in machine learning continuously improves Answer Explorer, tailoring insights to deliver more value to users.
- DataFlow: DataFlow makes it easier than ever to bring data into Falcon, ThoughtSpot’s in-memory database, through a simple, no code point and click UX, enabling enterprises to utilize search and AI-driven analytics even for data sources too slow to run search queries directly.
- Embrace Expansions: ThoughtSpot Embrace is newly available for both Teradata and SAP HANA, allows users to run search and AI-driven analytic inquiries directly in these databases without the need to move or cache any data. More information can be found here and here. Improved user experience makes it easier than ever to connect Embrace directly to popular data sources, including Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Microsoft Azure Synapse, SAP HANA, and Teradata.
- API-Powered Bulk Load Connector: A new API-based feature further enables the smooth and secure transfer of data to Falcon, ThoughtSpot’s in-memory database, by allowing users to load data in bulk from ETL tools and custom programs.
- Caffeine for Advanced Data Caching: Caffeine gives users the freedom to choose which pinboards are pre-cached and when, allowing them to optimize the performance of the most important pinboards without having to use resources pre-caching every single one.
- Scriptability Support for Worksheet Filters: Worksheets with filters can be exported and imported to the same environment or between environments, helping organizations deliver value to new use cases and departments faster than ever before.
- Improved Visualizations: ThoughtSpot’s high cardinality charts now accommodate up to 35,000 data values, an increase from 1,000 previously. The high cardinality chart legend limit has also increased from 40 items to 250 items, giving pinboard creators the ability to display much richer data for their users.
- Data Compression: New in-memory data compression makes it possible to leverage more data without increasing storage, reducing costs as organizations scale their data footprint.
Current ThoughtSpot customers will have access to ThoughtSpot 6.2 today. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The world’s most innovative enterprises use ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to quickly uncover data-driven insights. With ThoughtSpot, business people can type a simple search to instantly analyze billions of rows of data, and leverage artificial intelligence to get trusted, relevant insights pushed to them as answers to thousands of questions they might not have thought to ask. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet powerful enough to handle even the largest, most complex enterprise data without sacrificing speed, security, or governance. That’s why customers like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of the West, Siemens, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their decision-making cultures. By making insights a part of every conversation and every decision, ThoughtSpot is reimagining the role of data in creating a more fact-driven world. For more information, please visit www.thoughtspot.com.