To Support School Closures, GoGuardian Bolsters Remote Learning Technology and Provides Free Solutions to K-12 Schools
GoGuardian Creates More Effective Remote Learning Environments Based on Teacher Feedback
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–GoGuardian, a leading education technology SaaS provider, today announced the enhancement of GoGuardian Teacher™ for remote learning environments. New updates include Chat notifications, Off-Task Alerts and the Present to Class feature to support learning continuity amidst school closures. In response to the national need for K-12 remote learning, GoGuardian is also offering free, full-functional access to its entire suite of tools through the end of the school year. These feature updates and the free availability of GoGuardian software will enable educators and schools to seamlessly integrate remote education, safely and effectively.
Over 124 thousand schools and 55 million students in the U.S. have been impacted by closures, with K-12 educators scrambling to find ways to maintain learning continuity for students through virtual classroom communities. To help with this, GoGuardian has worked with feedback from teachers and developed new features in GoGuardian Teacher to enhance teacher-student connection and engagement online. The new features include Chat notifications, Off-Task Alerts and screen-sharing capabilities. Also, GoGuardian Admin™ will help filter and protect any device, browser and operating system simply and effectively, which is especially important as more school-issued devices move home with their students.
“Teachers value technology both in and out of the classroom because it provides instant access to fresh, dynamic content and a more collaborative, interactive learning environment,” said Tyler Shaddix, chief product officer at GoGuardian. “It’s critically important to have tools that enable a safe and strong learning connection between teachers and students during instruction when they are not in the classroom together. We are proud to offer these tools to any school, free of charge, as we all navigate the uncharted territory of the fully remote classroom around the world.”
Three key updates announced for GoGuardian Teacher include:
- Chat: Teachers and students can more effectively communicate with each other in all types of remote learning environments, including ones where lessons are held asynchronously. A new subtle audio notification allows teachers to not only see, but also hear when students have questions. In addition, chat histories are saved automatically so conversations with students are kept and can be reviewed later. Finally, teachers can now send chats to offline students, allowing those students to see messages when they are back online.
- Off-Task Alerts: As a teacher starts a session in GoGuardian Teacher, they have the option to turn on the Off-Task Alerts feature and select one of four classroom subjects: English, History, Math or Science. Unique to the classroom management space, this feature uses artificial intelligence to scan the content of a student’s current webpage in that session and determine whether the content of the page reflects the selected classroom subject.
- Present to Class: This new capability allows teachers to share their screens with students with the option of enabling audio and video to help replicate the experience of teaching in the classroom during remote learning sessions. This feature ensures students are engaged and reviewing lessons in tandem with teachers while maintaining teacher-student connection. Using the Present to Class feature, educators can engage the entire class in a synchronous lesson.
With GoGuardian Teacher, instructors can seamlessly manage instruction, connect students with engaging resources and receive actionable insights into students’ individual learning needs. To learn about the new features added to GoGuardian Teacher and further updates, visit the links below:
- GoGuardian Teacher remote learning feature updates
- GoGuardian Admin
- GoGuardian’s remote learning offer
- GoGuardian’s Distance Learning Resources
GoGuardian believes that education is the highest point of leverage for improving society and that digital learning can meaningfully advance educational outcomes for every student, school, and district. GoGuardian helps thousands of K-12 schools and districts maximize the learning potential of every student by providing solutions that enable more productive and safer digital learning. Its products help educators identify learning patterns, protect students from harmful and distracting content, and support mental health. To compile data on how educators can use technology to improve learning outcomes, GoGuardian has invested in a Research and Insights team, composed of psychology, advocacy, and education research specialists. Read about their study on the factors that influence student engagement in the State of Engagement 2019 Report.
Learn more about GoGuardian’s industry-defining analytics, student engagement, and self-harm prevention products at www.goguardian.com.
(424) 529-6960 Ext. 340
PR & Communications