W2O Adds Innovative and Trailblazing Leaders to Continue Growth and Transformation Momentum
Despite Pandemic Headwinds, Firm Heading Toward 50% Growth in 2020
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–W2O, the leading independent provider of analytics-driven, technology-enabled marketing and communications solutions to the healthcare sector, announced today it has hired top talent from some of the world’s largest and most successful companies to continue its transformation into a global health innovation company.
“As healthcare becomes more personal, consumerized and digitized, W2O is firing on all cylinders – innovating and growing approximately 50 percent – in the face of unprecedented circumstances for our industry and the world,” said Jim Weiss, Founder and CEO of W2O. “The people who have joined us bring expertise, agility, leadership and relationships that will help our clients go further, faster, and ultimately achieve our vision of making the world a healthier place.”
W2O’s entrepreneurial spirit, 20-year track record of success, and vision for the future have attracted leaders from many of the world’s leading brands and organizations. These new hires are igniting solutions and providing strategic counsel to meet client business needs – now and in the future – helping W2O become the clinical, commercial and corporate partner of choice.
Julie Adrian – Global Chief Experience Officer
- Adrian is integrating the best data-driven, creative and results-oriented approaches and bringing W2O’s customized capabilities and technologies together.
- She is a 25-year veteran of the healthcare industry and inductee into the PharmaVoice100, with a background that includes agency leadership and in-house experience.
John Capodanno – President, Financial, Corporate & Capital Market Communications
- Capodanno is growing W2O’s corporate communications and capital market offering to meet the evolving needs of life science companies.
- He led the Healthcare & Life Sciences practice at FTI Consulting and drove one of the largest transactions in healthcare and a re-positioning of one of the industry’s largest R&D functions.
Nikki Levy – Practice Leader, Advocacy Relations
- Levy is building a new practice to help clients create mutually beneficial relationships and ultimately achieve better patient outcomes.
- She has more than 25 years of experience at companies through all stages of development including Genentech, Vertex, Alkermes and Wave Life Sciences, and was named to the PharmaVoice100 list.
David Magrini – President, CRM and Marketing Solutions
- Magrini is building on W2O’s data and marketing technology foundations to develop performance marketing strategies and scalable CRM offerings to bring integration and measurable solutions to clients
- He led the health practice for 10 years at Merkle, expanding its client base and growing it to become a Top 15 Healthcare Agency in the U.S.
Jane Petrino – Practice Leader, Communications Strategy
- Petrino is leading a fast-growing team of integrated communication strategists.
- She was the Managing Director of RXMOSAIC, where she led through double-digit growth for each of her years at the helm.
In a business based on people, W2O has also strengthened its human resources and talent acquisition teams with multiple leaders. Together, these leaders will retain, attract and build a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce of the future for a new kind of health innovation company.
“Hiring, retaining and growing the best people is the foundation of our success. That’s the one constant in our ever-evolving business,” said Jennifer Gottlieb, Global President of W2O. “To do this, we are thinking completely differently about our people. We listen. And we use our own data to understand what motivates them, how to reward them, how to inspire them, and how to give them opportunities that go beyond what others offer. That’s what this dream team is doing.”
Marlena Edwards – Head of People and Performance
- Edwards is ensuring our people can be their best and do their best work for clients.
- She is a 15-year agency HR veteran, and was previously Chief Talent Officer at Huge, where she designed and drove talent strategies that fostered cultural connection, diversity and inclusion, productivity and retention.
Carrie Galli – Head of Organizational Growth and Planning
- Galli is future-proofing how our people will succeed by improving how we work.
- She joins from Golin Harris, where she served as Executive Vice President, Human Resources, implementing effective and innovative talent management practices.
Jonathan Robbins – Head of Talent Acquisition
- Robbins is bringing the best people to W2O using tech-enabled and data-driven approaches.
- He has successfully built, driven, led and delivered talent acquisition, engagement and development for organizations including Interbrand, frog design, IDEO, R/GA Nike and Microsoft.
Founded by Jim Weiss in 2001 and built on an ethos of entrepreneurship, staying fluid and doing the right thing, W2O has achieved nearly 20 years of uninterrupted growth while remaining fiercely independent. W2O is an alchemic mix of 1,500 people and hundreds of clients and partners – working from bench to bedside – to make the world a healthier place.
Driven by data, W2O applies proprietary analytics and best-in-class technology to build insights that power creative ideas and concepts. W2O seeks to become the partner of choice to empower optimal healthcare knowledge, access and outcomes – now and in the future.
For more information, please visit www.w2ogroup.com.
Peter Duckler, 773-343-3069